Perhaps you’ve got a great idea but can’t get funding? Well, now’s your chance to make it happen and get grants of between £500 and £2,000. This year we are focusing on Mental Health services and the views of their users.
The fund has three main purposes:
1. To increase awareness of Healthwatch Isle of Wight
2. To ensure that the voice of local people, especially people who are seldom heard, is listened to.
3. To increase and improve the health and wellbeing of the people of the Isle of Wight, with particular attention to people who use mental health services.
All projects and activities must fulfill the following criteria:
• Increase feedback from communities about health and social care services (we are particularly interested in the views and experiences of people who have recently used mental health services)
• Increase the participation and involvement of communities in health and social care related services. Especially individuals or groups who are seldom heard.
• Improve the wellbeing of communities through involvement and engagement. Especially seldom heard or disadvantaged groups.
Healthwatch Isle of Wight requires that projects:
• Share all information and feedback about the project with the Healthwatch Isle of Wight team in the form of a report, including photographs and other media where possible.
• Use the Healthwatch logo on all publicity material relating to the project and the words ‘supported by Healthwatch Isle of Wight’.
• Be willing to give out Healthwatch Isle of Wight literature during events/project work.
• Attend a feedback/wash up session with the Healthwatch team after the project has taken place.
• Projects must be carried out for the benefit of Isle of Wight residents
• Projects will only be considered if they would not be possible without this funding.
• Projects cannot ask for funding for existing projects that are already receiving funding from other sources or about to lose existing funding.
CUT OFF DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS OCT 1ST 2019
Complete the application form in full and make sure that all the requested information is included. Your application will be considered by Healthwatch Isle of Wight and we will let you know if you have been successful by 31ST October 2019. If you don’t hear from us you may assume your application has been unsuccessful.
If you’re using an electronic version of the form you can expand the boxes as required. If you are completing it by hand and need more space, either continue on separate sheets (clearly labeled) or expand the boxes electronically before printing off.
It may be necessary to share your information (about your idea) and discuss your application with other people/organisations. On applying for the funds you are agreeing to allow Healthwatch Isle of Wight to speak to others about your project in this way.
You can also call us on 01983 522609 or email your form to Joanna Smith at Joanna.firstname.lastname@example.org. Write to us at Healthwatch Isle of Wight, Freepost RTGR-BKRU-KUEL, Riverside, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight. PO30 2QR
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
WE WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS, COMMUNITY & VOLUNTARY GROUPS AND ORGANISATIONS (excluding statutory organisations)
THE MAXIMUM FUNDING AVAILABLE PER PROJECT IS £2000
CUT OFF DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 5PM ON TUES 1ST OCT 2019
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE INFORMED BY 5PM ON THUR 31ST OCT 2019
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO INVOICE FOR FUNDING IN ONE PAYMENT
AT THE START OF THE PROJECT IN NOV 2019
PROJECTS AND FINAL REPORTS MUST BE COMPLETED BY:
TUESDAY 31ST March 2020
Need more information? Call us on 01983 522609